Monday, October 11, 2010

Open Studio Artists






Yesterday I went with my friend Diane to some Open Studios in Santa Cruz. We went to the gallery at the Art League first where there was a piece from each of the artist's up. There were some really wonderful pieces in all kinds of medium. There were glass, metal, and ceramic 3-d pieces as well as some really good paintings.
We also went to the tannery. It was the first time I had been there. It was interesting. There are apartments and studios for artists there, so there were several studios. One of the studios there was Cheryle Winn's. She has some beautiful quilts. Her sense of color is really lovely in the pieces she had. I will post a couple of pictures of some of her work here.
Another artist that we saw at her home studio was Sandra Cherk. She lived in Greece for a while and you can see that influence in some of here work. She had several pastel landscapes and was also selling jewelry. She has a website at www.sandracherk.com. I will also put up piece of hers.
We also saw a watercolorist that I really liked a lot. She has a wonderful sense of color and her images are beautiful. Her name is Gwen Davin Revino. I took photos of two of my favorite pieces that she did and will put those up here as well. She has a website as well. www.gwenrevino.com.
It is fun to see what others are doing, and amazing to see the diversity. This area is really loaded with lots of talented people.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words, Patti. It was so nice meeting you yesterday. I really like your work, too.

    ReplyDelete